The Holy Trinity Orthodox Church Cemetery is located at 125 Legion Road, just outside the Village of Elmira Heights. Founded by the St. Peter and Paul Russian Brotherhood in 1914, the cemetery pre-dates the actual founding of Holy Trinity Parish. Over a Century later, generations of Faithful Orthodox Christians lie asleep herein Blessed Repose for the Great Day of Resurrection.
A general Memorial Service (Panikhida) and Blessing of Graves is served annually on St. Thomas Sunday, the Sunday following Pascha. Memorial Services for the departed can also be arranged at most other times by contacting the Church.
Orthodox Christians and their spouses(even if not Orthodox Christians) with the approval of the Parish Priest are elligible for burial in Holy Trinity Orthodox Church Cemetery. Burials are conducted in accordance with Orthodox Canon Law. The Orthodox Church does not permit Cremation. For more information on burials and fees, please click here: Cemetery fees and Burial regulations
Holy Trinity Orthodox Church Cemetery is maintained in the summer months (June 1st through October 1st) by a dedicated group of volunteers from within the Parish and is open during daylight hours for visitation and prayer. A sitting bench is located near the Gold Cross in the center section. Please note that after the first snow fall of the year, the Cemetery is not routinely maintained until Spring.
We welcome families to visit and the adornment of graves with flowers or the American Flag are permitted until November 1st each year.
Grant eternal rest in a blessed repose, O Lord, to the souls of Your servants who have departed this life,
and make their memory to be eternal. + Memory Eternal.